Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 312C 24V to 12V Convertor

collins_br ยท 2015-01-16 12:43

Hi All My radio has stopped working, so I checked its 12V supply at the rear and nothing, 24V fuse supplying the Convertor is fine and I have 24v leaving same. My problem is I don't know where the Convertor is located or what it looks like, also I don't have a wiring diagram. Sr. CAT0312CCDBN01139. All help appreciated. Thanks in advance Brendan

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2015-01-16 14:59

    The voltage converter is located behind the headliner in the upper rear of the cab. The Parts Manual is a bit vague as to which side, though I suspect it is behind the LH corner. It will be a silver aluminium box about 6" long x 3" wide with a multi-pin connector going into one end of it. If you want an Electrical Schematic send me a PM with your email address.

  2. #2collins_br2015-01-16 19:08

    Thanks Nige, having some info makes all the difference. Brendan

  3. #3collins_br2015-01-17 13:20

    Problem found, the radio on/off switch on the right hand side console is faulty, probably full of dust etc. Thanks for the help Nige. Brendan