Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 312C Display out

Fastdirt ยท 2013-05-18 18:45

2004 Cat 312CL #CBA. My computer screen has gone out. It was coming on and off for about three weeks before going out completely. One clue that could be helpful is that I noticed while my phone was plugged into the 12v outlet it was going out at the same time the display was. I did notice it was happening on impacts. I am guessing a short or loose connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's getting hot down here in Georgia and I really need to see my gauges. Thanks, Brian

Replies3
  1. #1walkerbro2014-09-18 14:26

    new member here. have same cat 312cl with cba serial #. have same problem. did you find the fix for your machine.

  2. #2AntonioRocha2014-09-18 18:45

    I had the same problem with a 320c, it was part of the wiring that goes to the display that had was damaged. I had to remove part oh those plastics to find out this wiring problem.

  3. #3newguy2k32014-09-18 22:27

    wire 103 rd from the dome lamp/memory fuse powers the monitor, dome lamp and 24-12v convertor