Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 312CL Drive issue

Ole Redneck ยท 2022-10-20 04:58

I have a Cat 312CL SN CBA03811 that one track drive is weak in one direction. I thought was possible leaking in the swivel however that did not change the results after replacing the seals in it. Where is the next place to check? I would think if it is in the final drive would be weak in both directions? Not sure could use some advise to isolate the problem. Thank in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1uffex2022-10-20 05:04

    Good day The shock-port relief is a probable cause, try switching and see if the problem moves to the opposite direction. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Cmark2022-10-20 05:24

    What made you think that the swivel was faulty? Do you have pressure gauges?

  3. #3Ole Redneck2022-10-20 05:44

    Thanks any suggestion on location I will check manual also to find location and description.

  4. #4Ole Redneck2022-10-20 05:45

    I had some external leakage so I was assuming possible internal leakage also. However after rebuilding no change. I do have some variety gauges. Thanks John