Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 313B sr Rega Hydraulic Excavator

Jackinthebox ยท 2020-11-24 02:28

Hi All. I have the above Cat excavator and having trouble with the computer. Is it possible to disconnect this or bypass it and be able to carry out all operations. If so please advise how to do this. Thanks very much in advance

Replies22
  1. #1anuradha2020-11-24 10:51

    Hi, "Jackinthebox" welcome to the HEF. you can by pass the ecu by placing the back up switch to the manual position. This will send a constant level of current to the PRV solenoide via back up resistor all the time. Because of this you can work the machine but i think it will stall the engine under load. Hence this is not a permanent solution. Back up switch is placed behined the right arm console near the back side of the seat. You can use toggle switch near the back up swith to manually controle the throttle.

  2. #2anuradha2020-11-24 11:41

    Hi, At Earlier post i assumed your machine as a 300B series one. But if your machine is different from that series then my ealier post will need to be changed. Can you tell me your machine's serial number please.

  3. #3Jackinthebox2020-11-25 22:51

    Hi Annuradha, thank you very much for your reply. I looked for a bypass switch but could not find one. I have got 2 numbers but not sure which is the serial number. They are as follows. 313BSR *9PR00759* 114-8312 and the other one is 4D34T *G59757* 114-8365. From what I have learned is that this particular machine was made for the Japanese market only but recently also now sold in US, not sure if this is the case or not. Thank you once again Annuradha for taking the time to respond. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

  4. #4Nige2020-11-26 10:27

    Your machine Serial number is 9PR00759. 4D34T is the engine model, G59757 the Serial Number, and 114-8365 is the Arrangement Number (Part Number) of the engine. Your information is only half correct. The 9PR-prefix machine was only ever manufactured for the Inside Japan (ISJ) market. It was never exported officially outside Japan. Having said that most parts should be available for it from your local Cat dealer. Problems usually arise where things like cabs, sheet metal, glass, etc, are concerned. The ISJ machines are different in this respect to non-ISJ machines. To compound the above, there is no non-ISJ model that is the equivalent to your machine. The 313B SR model was only ever built for the ISJ market. So in order to get parts information I cannot stress strongly enough the need to acquire an original Parts Manual. The Cat Publication Reference is XJBP7629. I'm sure that your local dealer Monark can source one for you. In the US it would be priced somewhere around $100, I have no idea what it would be for you.

  5. #5LACHAU2020-11-26 11:07

    I think this machine is imported to Philippines as a "USED MACHINE" for grey market.

  6. #6Nige2020-11-26 11:42

    I agree. The big problem is the lack of an equivalent non-ISJ machine in order to obtain technical information.

  7. #7Jackinthebox2020-11-26 18:52

    Ok, thanks Lachau and Nige for your time and responses. I appreciate it, I guess I'm just stuck with it.

  8. #8anuradha2020-11-26 22:05

    "Jackinthebox" can you explian that what are the problems occured with your machine? Were there only governor motor control issues and automatic decelleration not working happened Or some thing els happened ? And if you can, post a picture or two of your machines monitor pannel and pilot manifold.

  9. #9Jackinthebox2020-11-26 23:21

    Hi again Anuradha, well believe this or not, I tried again this morning and all operations except the side swing are working. I cannot understand this machine maybe a loose connection somewhere but I'm not sure, so maybe it will happen again where all operations stop. The turntable and tracks were not affected at any time. I am posting a photo of the computer

  10. #10Cmark2020-11-27 00:05

    This makes a bit more sense. The top display looks like nothing I've ever seen out of a Caterpillar factory. Maybe some kind of load weighing system? It's been a long time but the bottom one reminds me of an anti cab-collision device. I've only seen them a couple of times before and all on grey market machines. Does the machine have a side-shift boom? If I'm right, there may be a switch to disable it under the seat.

  11. #11John C.2020-11-27 00:42

    That is the cab protection and it also shows the depth of your dig as well. Check those small pieces of linkages that connect at the stick and the boom foot. Make sure they are connected and the wires are intact.

  12. #12Ggs2022-07-13 02:15

    Hello , i have this Excavator, CAT BSR 313 rega in Australia and from what i have learnt its made in Japan , i have exhausted all avenues on trying to find manuals/information for this machine through CAT Australia, and currently looking on websites in Japan about CAT excavators , and unfortunately with little to no luck , my search has left me more annoyed than what i was when first started, I am appealing to any one that can help please, with service and part manuals , i am currently in the process of overhauling the machine and been able to reach a stage that i cannot give up now as i spent to much on it .. Even if someone can help with information of a shop that is good for parts on this machine , my searching has been time consuming with no luck

  13. #13Cmark2022-07-13 03:03

    If your machine is a 9PR prefix then all the information in this thread applies unfortunately. I think I'm right that the SR machine has a side shift boom and the CR is a standard boom? If so, a 313BCR with a BAS prefix MAY be the same machine, except for the boom, obviously. SEBP2869 is the parts manual. SEBU7297 is the service manual.

  14. #14Nige2022-07-13 03:41

    Please confirm your Serial Number. It sounds as though you have a 9PR-prefix machine. There are some manuals available for the 313B SR but they are all in Japanese. Not surprising I suppose when the machine was never designed to be sold outside Japan. The Japanese Parts Manual as indicated by CMark above can be downloaded and although the text is in Japanese all the Part Numbers are in recognizable form the same as any other Cat Part Number. I need to do some more digging to check if an English version is available. Service Manual again this would require a Serial Number to confirm. Regarding parts availability, Westrac should be able to help you once you have part numbers. Also with a P/N the whole aftermarket parts option also becomes available .

  15. #15Nige2022-07-13 07:02

    Sorry I got somewhat confused in my post above. 1. CMark suggested a Parts Manual Reference SEBP2869 for a 313B CR as being the closest English version to your 313B SR . 2. XJBP7629 that appears on both CMark's illustration and mine is the Japanese-language Parts Manual for a 313B SR of Serial Number prefix 9PR. My comments regarding the Japanese text but "English" Part Numbers still apply. 3. Good news..! There is an English language Parts Manual for the 9PR-prefix 313B SR. The Cat Publication reference is XEBP7629 . the document can be downloaded in pdf format (and you would have it immediately) from the Cat Publications web site or you could order a paper version via your local dealer. Service Manual - still looking but really need the complete machine Serial Number.

  16. #16Ggs2022-07-13 09:18

    Thank You for your replies , and yes the Prefix is 9 PR 00550 and the numbers are my Serial Number , just every time i add the number in the Cat site , it doesn't recognize it??.. And if i am to order parts would i have to order from Japan ? is there no 313 B series in a Country closer to Australia or even in Australia that is suitable for the BSR 313?

  17. #17Nige2022-07-13 09:33

    Thanks for the confirmation of your Serial Number. The reason the Cat site (SIS.?) does not recognize the 9PR00550 Serial Number is that the machine was never intended to be sold outside Japan and therefore "does not exist" in the worldwide online system. The only parts & service information that exists for your particular model is either in paper, pdf on CD, or pdf download format. If you get hold of an English version of the Parts Manual that would give you access to Part Numbers that you could order either through your local Cat dealer (Westrac?) or use to purchase aftermarket replacements. It would NOT be necessary to order parts from Japan . TBH a lot of parts are common between models anyway, it's just a matter of knowing specifically what Part Number you need for your particular machine. Please let me know if you want to download a Parts Manual and I can walk you through the process. The price for a download is US$115 and can be done using a credit card. You'll have it within 5 minutes or less. Now I have a Serial Number I'll work on trying to find the Publication Reference for a Service Manual.

  18. #18Ggs2022-07-13 09:37

    Nige i just noticed 9PR1-Up, E27799-Up my machine is 9PR00550 , does this make the manual not the one to purchase? I was just about to download it and second thought the process after seeing the 9PR1 and up ??

  19. #19Nige2022-07-13 09:41

    It is the correct manual for your machine. You are not the first person to be confused by Cat "shorthand" when listing Serial Numbers. 9PR1-Up effectively means 9PR00001-Up, or from the first machine built in other words. They just omit the zeros...... E27799-Up is for the engine Serial Number BTW.

  20. #20Ggs2022-07-13 10:35

    Nige thank you very much for your help , much appreciated , English version of my Japanese Excavator s Parts Catalogue is exactly what i need , now to find the Service and Owners Manual s is the next task , are you able to advise me on a link or know if such manuals even exist , i am considering buying the Japanese copy and photographing every page and put the photos into a translator , its just the Service manual has how many hundreds of pages??

  21. #21Nige2022-07-13 11:21

    To download a copy of the English Parts Manual, go to - https://catpublications.com/ When the popup appears, click on "Continue as Guest". Type XEBP7629 into the box and click Search. The illustration below should appear. Paper and CD versions will attract S&H charges on top of the price (maybe also import duty into Oz) and are shipped from the US - so be warned.......... A download is available in 5 minutes and contains exactly the same information as the other two versions.

  22. #22Nige2022-07-13 11:37

    Information regarding if English versions of the OMM (owners manual) and Service Manual exist is at best, shall we say, unclear....... Below is CMark's illustration from before, hopefully in a way that you can see what you are after. The Japanese OMM Manual for machines up to S/N 9PR00882 is Publication Reference XJBU2383. I cannot find this document available to buy online in paper, CD, or pdf download. The Japanese Service Manual is Pub. Ref. XJNR1491. Again I can find no trace of it. The only thing I can suggest is to contact these guys. SMP produce all Cat's manuals and according to their web site they list both an OMM and a Service Manual for 9PR00550. See the link. However before shelling out for them I would want something in writing from SMP clearly stating that a) they were correct for the machine Serial Number and b) that they were in English. Note that they are only available in paper or CD. https://www.servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=9PR00550