I have a Cat 313BSR excavator that keeps showing E21 and the main boom and dipper won't work. This machine has an offset boom with pin sensors on the pins. I have swapped dipper pin sensor to the main boom sensor and it didn't make any difference. I swapped the off set boom sensor to the main boom sensor and it still comes up E21. I have been told that E21 is the main boom sensor. I have checked all of the plug ins and they are all plugged in. I've checked sensor arms to see if they were broken or loose and they were good. I've checked all fuses and they are good. The only way I can make the machine run is disconnect the computer. I've cleaned the ground wires on the main frame also. I was told these sensors work on low voltage...how do I trace the main boom sensor wires back to the computer? Or where do they go to? Do they change the wire color some place in between? Any suggestions would be appreciated...I'm pulling my hair out!! Thanks, Oscarman
what do they do?
Do you have an electrical schematic..? If not please post a Serial Number to identify the correct one for your machine.
I believe it is a gray market machine and schematics will be like ghosts. Someone will say they heard there are some somewhere, but they never show up. The sensor may be out of calibration and that is another ghost for finding out how to calibrate it. The Cat dealer's I have dealt with on these types of project all disavow that the machine even exists.
John, I found the correct schematic for the machine S/N on SIS. Edit: Sorry, different thread. Still waiting for the OP to come back with a S/N.
The OP was 7 years ago .And a313 BSR # do not exist. Bob
I missed that. I looked at the 2nd post. https://www.machinesales.com/machinery/mini-excavators/0000143640 313B SR. Only ever built for the Japanese market. Serial Number prefix 9PR. Listed as having no non-Japanese equivalent in Cat commonality charts for Japan-only models.
Ghost machines.
A 313B is a BAS serial number. There is no 313 machine. A 313C CR is a KJA machine. All Japan machines Bob