Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 313CSR INFO

Shotgun Russ ยท 2018-08-31 14:47

I am interested in possibly purchasing a 313CSR. Done some checking and found out this is a grey market Japanese model. So looking for any info on quality, problems, parts availability or general experience related with the 313CSR. I am waiting for the sn# then I will phone my local dealer and try getting p&d on a few of the more common parts. Any info appreciated

Replies9
  1. #1John C.2018-08-31 16:15

    The cabs on all the gray market Cats are different from the North America ones. Dealer support is spotty. If I don't have a parts book I usually find a machine of the same model built for here and use that serial number when asking the parts guy to look something up.

  2. #2Shotgun Russ2018-09-01 23:25

    Thanks for the good info. Anyone have any seat time in a 313csr?

  3. #3Nige2018-09-02 04:37

    Adding to what John has said there is actually a Cat document cross-referencing Japanese-built excavators to those built elsewhere. If you do buy a grey market machine you should get the info regarding what the equivalent machine is that exists on your local dealer's system. It makes getting parts a whole lot easier.

  4. #4Shotgun Russ2018-09-02 10:34

    Where do you get the document?

  5. #5Nige2018-09-02 10:40

    I could probably find a copy, but it would be easier if you go ahead and buy the machine to just post the Serial Number up and I could work it out even quicker. If you have the S/N now, post it up ..........

  6. #6Shotgun Russ2018-09-02 10:55

    Okay thanks

  7. #7Nige2018-09-02 13:20

    OK, this one's a bit out of the ordinary. The 313C SR was never built anywhere outside Japan, so there is no non-Japanese equivalent to it. However all is not lost. This link has all the documentation you need for it ....... Operation Manual, Parts Manual, & Service Manual. https://servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=WSA00381

  8. #8Shotgun Russ2018-09-02 14:12

    Perfect thanks

  9. #9Shotgun Russ2018-09-02 14:12

    Anybody have seat time in a 313CSR?