Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc400lc-8 slow hyd and pilot system stops working .

Caterpillar #1 · 2018-08-31 13:52

hi I’ve got some issues with a pc400lc-8 the hyd system seems slow and sluggish, and if you stop running machine with hyd lock out left on the pilot system will stop working all together, only way to get it working again is shut down machine and restart or hold the boom lift leaver back for 5-10 seconds and you get your All controls working again. Anyone know how this pilot system works . Seems like does not have its own pilot pump .

Replies4
  1. #1John C.2018-08-31 16:19

    I believe you have a pressure reducing valve at the inlet of the main control valve that supplies pilot pressure. How many hours do you have on this machine? Have you checked the monitor panel for fault codes? I don't know if the pilot shut off is electric or hydraulic.

  2. #2Caterpillar #12018-08-31 16:28

    15,000hrs , i just got a gauge on the pressure reducing valve , when the machine idles back the pressure drops off to 100psi. No codes , there are 2 fine screens coming out of the main hyd pump I’m going to order them, if that does not help I’ll remove pressure reducing valve .

  3. #3John C.2018-08-31 16:32

    Look for a relieve valve cartridge. When you take it apart you should find a spring with a cone at bottom that fits in a seat. If there is a ring worn in the cone that you can feel get a new cartridge. Have the pumps ever been redone on this machine?

  4. #4Caterpillar #12018-08-31 16:36

    We got the machine with 10,000hrs a few years ago, machine history is not very clear. If I had to guess I would say pumps are original . Ok I’ll check that out , thanks in advance .