Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 315

fireman050 ยท 2007-08-14 03:30

anyone have any pics of a cat 315 with the dozer blade

Replies17
  1. #1nedly052007-08-14 12:18

    I always thought that the 312 was asbig as cat went with a blade

  2. #2biggixxerjim2007-08-14 16:38

    youre right

  3. #3CM19952007-08-14 16:45

    Me 2. I checked the Cat website and they do not list a blade as an option.

  4. #4fireman0502007-08-14 19:55

    im sorry i forgot

  5. #5345cl2007-08-14 20:40

    our 314cl cr has a blade

  6. #6CM19952007-08-14 20:44

    How do y'all like that 314?

  7. #7345cl2007-08-14 20:49

    heres a picture of the 314 beside the 345 that i operate all the time

  8. #8345cl2007-08-14 21:04

    its a beautiful little machine its very quick,we got the long stick on it and it gets us out of all the little tight spots , espeacially with the compact radius counter weight,,its a little strange to jump off the 345 on to the 314 haha i keep looking behind me all the time but theres nothing there,we do manily sewer and road construction so this machine helps when we do the house connections, and with the blade its very strong to push,and incase your interested we usually can pic up about 3.5 tons comfortbley,remembering that we have a long stick for this machine

  9. #9fireman0502007-08-14 22:13

    do you have any pics of it in action

  10. #10CM19952007-08-15 07:51

    Thanks for the info 345cl. I had a 315CL (great machine BTW) that I traded on a 321CLCR that is currently working along with a 325DL. The 325 is our "stay at one site for awhile" production machine and the 321 is the "catch everything else machine". I like the CR machines for the same reasons you mentioned. The only problem is I miss having a hoe that we can put on the tag trailer behind the tri-axle and move where and when we need it without calling a lowboy service. I have looked at the 314 for this reason - just don't want to spend any more money right now.:Banghead

  11. #11345cl2007-08-15 21:16

    if its the 345 you would like to see i have lots if your interested

  12. #12345cl2007-08-15 21:27

    we are currently trying out a 2008 324dl,its a nice machine,and for the street we are on the 314 was to small and the 345 was just way to big,theres lots of over head wires,its one of these old montreal streets,im actually happy when this job finishes,our next contract is with the 345,thats my pride and joy lol,i see the compact radius machines have moved in to the bigger machines as well,im curious to see what thats like,and as far as your saying for the tag a long my boss bought a 3 axle for our dump truck its good we can move the 314 or our d5 around,say a little of money here and there right i know when we move the 345 here its around 850 dollars and in the winter season becuse of load restrictions its usually 1000 bucks,,i told id try to put it on our tag along hahahhaahaha if you have any pics of your machines send them along,happy diggin!

  13. #13345cl2007-08-15 21:42

    here a couple pics of a typical day for me got lots more if your interested

  14. #14Dan832007-08-15 23:41

    I really like the last picture in the snow, with the lights on. Just awesome.

  15. #15biggixxerjim2007-08-20 18:55

    thats a whole lot of benching in the third picture....

  16. #16345cl2007-08-21 20:53

    it use to be a old dumping ground back in the 50s,so when we did the main it was at 27 feet,lots of benching and sloping plus a trench box ,i said to my boss that years from now when the sewers have to be redone, there going to have on hell of good time,

  17. #17heosmitther2012-07-08 02:48

    Can someone please help me? Using a backhoe I have to dig a 50ft trench 4ft deep but the top 3 ft of the trench needs to slope at 1.5 to 1 ratio I understand the ratio that the trench must go out 1 1/2 feet for every 1 foot it drops for the top 3 ft what I don't understand is how am I supose to do this with a backhoe ? if its not obvious Im new to being a heavy equipment operator I have dug many 4ft flat botton trenches but never with sloping sides. Do I dig the 4ft down flat bottom then come up a foot and dig a 1 1/2 ft shelf into the side of the trench and repeat this until Im at ground level then knock the edges off with the bucket to acheive a slope? does the pivot point of my backhoe stay in the center the entire time or do move it side to side? will I be able to make a 1.5 to 1 slope on a 4ft trench staying centered ? please if anyone can explain to me the procedure I need to use to dig this trench I would be forever grateful to them my very job depends on it. thank you