Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 315

Kjinger · 2023-09-18 18:53

I had valve body recently re built and installed. now when I start machine and flip the lever one track automatically starts spinning, I have no other functions such as boom,rotate, nor will the other track spin.

Replies14
  1. #1uffex2023-09-19 05:57

    Good day Can you explain "Valve body rebuit" it sounds as if something has been connected in the wrong way. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Kjinger2023-09-19 09:57

    Hey uffex! Thanks for reply, had to remove valve body to have cleaned and replaced spool valves, every single line was marked very well to make sure installed all lines correctly.

  3. #3DEMLONE702023-09-19 13:59

    Pump failure ?

  4. #4Kjinger2023-09-19 14:05

    The pump was removed do to inner seal leaking. Had that replaced and installed.

  5. #5DEMLONE702023-09-19 14:08

    Why change spool valves ?

  6. #6Kjinger2023-09-19 16:05

    I believe cylinder came apart and there was some damage. Machine must have pilot pressure if the one track turns. If I had no pilot pressure I would expect pump.

  7. #7Kjinger2023-09-19 16:06

    Bucket cylinder is what caused the damage.

  8. #8uffex2023-09-20 04:05

    Good day Do you mean you have removed the spools cleaned those and refitted, no other change? Trying to get a full picture, what was the reason to do this? Kind regards Uffex

  9. #9uffex2023-09-20 04:12

    Good day Late in the day but that is an unusual approach to a bucket cylinder break up, normally the spool for the bucket cylinder is pretty hard and damage is far more likely to occur to the valve body. If the remaining valves have been removed cleaned and replaced does not explain the symptoms you post. The fact that one track activates at the start would indicate that the spool has an issue and the pilot pressure is may be not working. I suggest making a start by checking the pilot pressure. Kind regards Uffex

  10. #10Kjinger2023-09-20 09:49

    Yes I removed and brought to shop to have inspected and cleaned after we had found metal shavings in spool valve cap.

  11. #11uffex2023-09-20 10:01

    Good day Spool cap debri indicates pilot pump break up not bucket cylinder, I suggest change alll filters and fluid, check out pilot pump. Kind regards Uffex

  12. #12Kjinger2023-09-23 16:46

    Hey uffex I’m near machine now and what it’s doing is when you turn key to start it’s trying to spin one track in reverse even tho lever is not flipped.

  13. #13Kjinger2023-09-23 16:47

    Filters and fluid are new. The weird thing is it didn’t have an issue moving prior

  14. #14uffex2023-09-24 06:36

    Good day Your post indicates a spool sticking issue, may not be the root cause, see attached. Kind regardds Uffex