Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 315 bucket

shadow ยท 2011-12-07 17:03

I am in the middle of a bucket rebuild and i'm trying to fide a cheap way to replace the side cutting edge of the bucket.

Replies5
  1. #1cat9532011-12-07 18:11

    A used cutting edge off a dozer or loader works

  2. #2shadow2011-12-07 18:21

    would you weld it on or bolt it with the same holes that are there how thick should the plate be

  3. #3cat9532011-12-07 18:31

    I would weld it on 7018 rod atleast the thickness it is now or a little thicker

  4. #4caterpillarmech2011-12-08 06:25

    Loader segments would work best and I would weld them in as well. I would think 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" thick.

  5. #5Nige2011-12-08 06:50

    I think I would rather bolt them on to the sidebars. That way when whatever you have has worn out you can remove it easily and install replacements.