Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 315 D will not run

Derek1974 · 2024-03-15 22:50

My machine will turn over and start with starting fluid but only run for a few seconds it’s a cat 315D Serial number is JHA00320

Replies15
  1. #1Nige2024-03-15 23:09

    Can you elaborate a bit please. How did this situation come about, slowly getting worse over time or literally good one day, won't start the next.? Also what have you checked, tried, adjusted, etc, so far.?

  2. #2Derek19742024-03-15 23:12

    Good one day and the next all at once I have checked all the fuses and relays I’ve cleared all erro codes it turns over good just won’t start with out starting fluid

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-03-15 23:12

    Certainly sounds like it's not getting fuel. Have you recently changed fuel filters or checked any strainers in the fuel line? Could there be something in the tank blocking the fuel outlet? My track loader had a small hidden screen in a fitting at the lift pump that plugged over time from crap in the tank.

  4. #4Derek19742024-03-15 23:13
  5. #5Derek19742024-03-15 23:15

    I had put some work lights on it and blew a fuse and the lights stayed on so I disconnected them

  6. #6Derek19742024-03-15 23:17

    Good one day and the next all at once I have checked all the fuses and relays I’ve cleared all erro codes it turns over good just won’t start with out starting fluid

  7. #7Derek19742024-03-15 23:18

    Good one day and the next all at once I have checked all the fuses and relays I’ve cleared all erro codes it turns over good just won’t start with out starting fluid

  8. #8Derek19742024-03-15 23:21

    I haven’t changed the filters I have only had this machine two weeks and it was serviced before it was delivered

  9. #9Derek19742024-03-15 23:21
  10. #10Derek19742024-03-15 23:23

    Also it ran perfect till it got to about a half tank of fuel

  11. #11Derek19742024-03-15 23:24

    Need all the help I can get

  12. #12Welder Dave2024-03-15 23:34

    Is there a (water) drain on the bottom of the fuel tank? If so open it and see if it's plugged or some crap comes out. Stick a small piece of stiff wire into the tank if it's plugged. First make sure there's fuel in the tank and that your fuel gauge isn't the issue. There could be something in the tank. You could take the fuel line off at the lift pump and blow air back to the tank to make sure that that fuel line isn't obstructed.

  13. #13Derek19742024-03-15 23:51

    Okay I’ll try that

  14. #14heymccall2024-03-16 00:10

    Is there resistance when operating the hand primer? If not, pump until firmer, then try to start machine.

  15. #1592U 34062024-03-16 14:23

    Someone flip the stop switch on the left side of the seat base? Believe it or not I drove 2 hours to a no-start on a machine because someone flipped the switch and half a dozen people managed to overlook it.