Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 315 left track moving by itself

JRuffryders0930 ยท 2015-11-12 13:11

I have a caterpillar 315 excavator that the left track moves without me stepping on pedal. As soon as I move the unlock stick the machines left track moves backward with me stepping on pedal. I removed the lower cover it see if there was An adjustment and I don't see any. If I put pressure on the pedal forward the track stops moving. Is there an adjustment I am not seeing or is that pedal valve sticking or maybe something else. Anyone have any ideas. Please help. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Jam2015-11-12 15:07

    If you remove the foot pedal there are two adjusters accessible. You need an Allen key and I think a 14mm spanner to set them.

  2. #2excavator2015-11-12 15:42

    Check first to set how much mud is packed under the pedal. Sounds silly but it's happened before.