Hi All, I have a 2005 Kobelco SK250LC. The motor is a Mitsubishi 6d34-tleh. My turbocharger won't spin, so I called the local Kobelco Dealer and they want $8,239 for the turbo assembly. If you are like me, you are now laying on the floor. I called another place and they want $7,124 for the same turbocharger. Turbo Details: Type: TD06H-17M Part: ME442003 MFD: 49179-01510 I've tried searching for this turbo on the Internet and I'm not having much luck. Is there a place that will sell a replacement for a reasonable price? I have called a turbo rebuild place called G-POP Shop. They're thinking around $400 ish to rebuild. So, I'm sending this one to them tomorrrow and we'll see what happens. If I can get it successfully rebuilt, I'll be fine. If not, is there a way to cross reference this turbo to find a better option? I absolutely can not believe the guy quoted me $8,239 for a freaking turbo. I'm still in shock I think. Thanks for any help you can provide. I'm located in Texarkana, AR.
Nothing like getting reamed mate.... "official" Kobelco parts page shows the new one at $6,425, and a reman is available at $5,320 with a $413 core charge. Still ridiculous. This forklift company has it for $4,424 and change: http://store.hgmforkliftparts.com/mitsubishi_forklift_parts/mb49179-01510.aspx Can probably source one from China or cross reference the center section if your housings are in decent shape.
Thank you for the reply. It's impressive that you were able to find the exact same turbo for $2,700 less than the lowest price I found. Who in the heck is making the extra money on that deal? All of my housings are in good shape, the impeller just froze up. Do you have any idea how I could cross reference the center section? I'm new to turbo lingo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it can be rebuilt. I still can't wrap my head around the quoted prices.......
For $400 let the turbo shop find the parts. I know I wouldn't touch it myself if the new one was that expensive.
This place has a rebuilt one for $1865.00. Never used them but did have a turbo I was looking a few years back, local repair shop cudgeled the repair but was as able to find a used one cheaper than a rebuilt with no core. http://www.invasionautoproducts.com/19mifutdtu49.html
Delmer: I'm certainly going to let the turbo shop take care of the rebuild. Fingers crossed it works out. CatToy: That's exactly what I'm looking for. The part number and OE number aren't exact, but they are close. Something like that might work and I wouldn't know because the numbers don't match exactly. I will give them a call if the rebuild has any issues. Thanks All!!
A friend up in Tyler hand delivered his Case 850 turbo to Waco and got it rebuilt while he waited. I don't remember the name of the place, but these two links ring a bell. http://tripletdiesel.com/turbocharger.html http://www.majesticturbo.com/ hugs, Brandi
Cool. Thanks for the info Brandi. Tyler is a couple of hours from here, so that would be an option.
Warehouse in Colorado has one in surplus stock, matching number. If your repair place doesn't come through PM me and I'll give you the info.
Kobelco SK250 turbo J&H Turbo Service has the new OEM Mitsubishi turbo with all gaskets for about $1300. (662)378-8711 After paying $4800 for the first one I needed I was happy to find this ME442003. Enjoy!
Prices varying from $8,239 down to $1,300 for the same oem turbo is hard to imagine. Quite a dealer markup. The original poster got some great replies on this thread.
Mitsubishi turbo I was a little worried when I ordered it because of the low price but I installed it this morning and it is an exact match and is working perfectly. Now if I can find a radiator for less than $5000 ??