Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 315 track tensioner seal

5678 ยท 2023-01-07 22:25

Putting new seals in a track tensioner on a 315L. I got the new seal kit and it has (2) o-ring, (2) black plastic rings I assume are backup rings and (2) lighter colored brown, maybe a little softer, rings like the black plastic ones. Not sure what order to install all of these rings. I was expecting to just have and o-ring and a backup ring. Any help would be appreciated. Also in the box is a slightly smaller and thinner o-ring and backup ring. Cant figure out where it might go. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #192U 34062023-01-07 22:31

    Post S/N and someone with SIS can probably get you a parts breakdown. Old seals too worn/discoloured to tell which is which?

  2. #256782023-01-07 22:36

    yes, the old one has a ring on each side of the oring but I can't tell which is which. I'm not sure, as they are well worn, but it looks like the old ones have two of the same rings on either side of the o-ring in each groove.

  3. #356782023-01-07 22:38

    S/N 6ym01208

  4. #4heymccall2023-01-07 23:09
  5. #5heymccall2023-01-07 23:11
  6. #656782023-01-07 23:28

    thanks, heymccall, exactly what I was needing.