I have a komatsu pc 100-5 gray market machine that keeps blowing the internal fuse on the monitor. I have been over the wireing harness an have found no break or shorts. It seems as if it blows on the cranking or killing of the machine. Could some one please help I can't keep replacing the monitor on the 3rd on. I have replaced the key switch an battery relay/ disconnect. Am wondering if it has something to do with the battery relay an help would be appreciated thanks jc
That isn't a problem I've seen in the past. Have you checked for fault codes on the computers? As I recall all the gauge indications run through the computers. You normally have a pump control and an engine throttle control computer in that model machine. I have a video showing checking on the Dash 5 line but it is on a PC400-5 and the mirrors and light access will be in different places.
John you are correct it does have ecm & pcm. I've called myself checking them . But would like to see your video to see if I'm reading and understanding it correctly. I'm honestly wondering if i have the wrong battery relay. I read an article last night talking about how the monitor receives the power from the relay an there is a resistor in a dioed that keeps a voltage spike down. My understanding from the article was that komatsu has a weird way of wireing things. Wondering if I have a bad blocking dioed somewhere also allowing voltage back some how. Ty for your help an any help is much appreciated. Can't afforded to keep replacing the monitors. Also there is a set of dip switches in the back of the monitor I have just set them to what original motor was set to . I have never found anything on them to exactly explain how you set them or what they actually control. Thanks jc
I have programs for both. Hit the like and consider subscribing if they are useful. Dash 5 Electronics Battery Disconnect Switches Good Luck!