Didn't do anything. Thumb up ok with pressure. Thumb down with no pressure as if it's free falling but slowly. Wondering if maybe there a switch or setting between Uni or bi directional flow. Any input would be nice.
I was going to say bad line relief but I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean by free falling slowly.
I dont know if you have a pressure line relief valve for a packer or hammer. We plumb in a quarter turn valve into pressure line to make joining the lines easier and sometimes they rattle open and do exactly as you are describing. Usually teed into the base of the boom
Yes it sounds like you hit a switch or opened a diverter valve. Not to familiar with a 315c but I think there is a manual valve on the right side of the machine that opens aux flow to tank for 1way operation. The lever may have rattled down opening the valve. It's possible there is a electric valve instead, in that case there would be a switch in the cab. Not sure if there is a factory option for that.
Check your tool selection. Sounds like you have Packer(free return) instead of Thumb (power both ways). Later Bob