Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ex200-2 aggressive boom down function!?

Bremcoe ยท 2014-05-06 00:34

hey guys, I just finished installing new piston valves and all the springs in my pilot controls in my 1992 200-2, everything went well I installed the right springs In the right places as some springs are different than others, I had the machine on a job today and the boom wants to fall like a rock when I boom down on the joystick about 1/4 of the way. never did that before, it always had smooth boom down control until now it gets to that one spot on the joystick and away she goes.. I used a bit of grease to hold the tiny shaft pin in place at the bottom of each valve while I installed it to insure it didn't fall out on install. I did this to all 4 in each quad control. maybe that's part of the problem? no other controls are being weird ? drove me crazy today. does anyone have an idea what would cause this ?

Replies2
  1. #1rgl7262014-05-06 02:04

    you did not return the correct spring in the correct places.

  2. #2Deeretracks2014-05-06 13:06

    Definitely got some parts mixed up. Grease should't make any difference. You're going to have to tear it back apart to find out. Is it possible one of the spacers that slide over the spool fell off?