Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 315c shut down timer

CUMBRIA6039 ยท 2014-02-18 16:10

Could anyone help me with the location in the machine for the shut down timer relay(module) it is a 315c ?

Replies10
  1. #1Nige2014-02-18 16:41

    Serial Number would help, but here's an idea from a 315C of Serial Number prefix CJC, AKE, CFB, or CFT. It's inside the fusebox. item #49 on the lower left of the attached illustration. Remove cover #4 to get at it.

  2. #2CUMBRIA60392014-02-18 16:46

    thanks for quick reply do you mean the item 49-48-7?

  3. #3CUMBRIA60392014-02-18 16:56

    also my serial number is 315clcjg01082

  4. #4Nige2014-02-18 18:50

    Yes, 48 & 7 are the hardware that fixes it to the box.

  5. #5CUMBRIA60392014-02-18 18:54

    Thanks, by the way I watch dads army on you tube all the time , I was born and raised in Cumbria England moved here 25 years ago

  6. #6Nige2014-02-18 18:58

    Just across the water from you then. I live in the IOM.

  7. #7CUMBRIA60392014-02-18 19:38

    I was just reading through some of your other posts you seem to specialize in Cat, I do have another problem with a cat 330bl when in hammer mode and using hammer it tend to smoke black a lot and the engine hunts but in general digging it doesn't hunt but still smokes a lot, any ideas?

  8. #8Mobiltech2014-02-18 20:57

    A 330b runs a 3306 engine. If your getting black smoke check your air filter for restriction then check your turbo and boost pressure. Also check for blown intake manifold gaskets just under the aftercooler to cylinder head joint, they like to blow out there. The hammer will take double pump flow with high demand for oil which will load the engine more then just digging.

  9. #9trackdoc2014-02-19 06:15

    Hi there, check the air fuel ratio control diaphragm in the injector pump of the 330B

  10. #10heymccall2014-02-21 21:05

    I'll second that one, but, the engine will make heavy black smoke at any throttle up request, especially boom up.