Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 315c won’t move when you engage Hydraulic lever

truecountry ยท 2016-02-18 12:38

Machine ran fine for a hour and stopped moving like shifter had been disengaged..I thought micro switch was bad replaced it ...only trouble code is 69:15...I swapped relays and solenoids ...still nothing...cjc001986

Replies4
  1. #1catfixer2016-02-18 17:04

    did you check the voltage at your lockout switch?

  2. #2John C.2016-02-18 19:19

    As I recall 69:15 is an event code for overheating?

  3. #3truecountry2016-02-19 22:29

    Yes sir it had 28 volts on red wire handle up and handle down 28 on white ....28 raised my thoughts so I did a alternator check and it was over way over 36.5 on my fluke so after I un hooked wire from alternator it ran fine moved and tracked to and on lowboy for trip to my shop yes its running on batteries only but I didn't want to blow them or burn ecm up....In my mind is that the problem yes over voltage can and will do all kinds of screwy things to equipment

  4. #4truecountry2016-02-19 22:31

    No active codes after I unwired alternator and moves fine ..pump pressures are good