Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 315CL – 16,000 hrs – potential issues?

TrentNz · 2023-11-19 18:23

Hi guys, I’m looking at purchasing a 16k hour 315CL cat Its been meticulously looked after andseems to run ok, but just wondering if theres any main issues with these higher hour cats. I’ve got lots of excavators but never had an older cat. Does seem to slightly bog down on power when dippering out but it was cold.

Replies6
  1. #1CM19952023-11-19 19:28

    The 315 C and D models were great machines, owned 1 of each. Put 4-5K hours on each one with no real issues at all. As far as what to look for all I can add is the normal engine, pumps, finals, UC, etc on a 16K hour machine. Do you know how many owners? Any maintenance records?

  2. #2TrentNz2023-11-19 19:36

    As far as I’m aware, I’d be the third owner. The first owner having the bulk of the ownership, probably around 15,000 hours. It’s definitely been looked after for the most parr

  3. #3CM19952023-11-19 19:45

    Pretty amazing the sheet metal is that straight on a 16K hour machine even if some has been replaced over the years. Looks very well taken care of. I would run oil samples on all fluids and if the price is in line with your market for the hours go for it. Like I said they are great machines.

  4. #4TrentNz2023-11-19 19:51

    Its going for $21,000 USD (35k nzd) tax inclusive. which is a pretty good price for a machine currently. Its not a front line machine but will get used often.

  5. #5CM19952023-11-19 19:53

    I'd buy that machine for $21K tomorrow. One could make that back in less than a year just loading trucks in a pit and you could leave it there saving mob cost.

  6. #6Gary Layton2023-11-19 21:12

    Very good looking machine...I would love to have that tilt rotating head. I will need one eventually. Let us know how it goes.