Hi Guys, I have a Cat 315CL. Its serial is CJC. Its been sitting unused for the last few weeks and worked great when we parked it. (I know that's what everyone says). I went to start it today and it was as if the batteries were stone dead. When you turn the key nothing powers up and the display dosn't turn on. I checked the basics and the batteries aren't dead. There is no blown fuses and the battery disconnect isn't bad. There is power to the main power lugs behind the fuse panel. Does anyone have any ideas where to look next?
At main power relay, should be 24v on large red wire, and, with key on, there should be 24v on large purple wire. If someone cycles key on and off, it should "clunk" when it engages.
The four wires Small black = ground Small yellow = 24v from key switch ON Large red = 24v battery Large Purple = 24v to machine when small yellow is activated
Assuming were talking about the same relay behind the fuse panel, the large red wire has 24 volts. When you cycle the key there is no clunk and the purple wires does not have power. If you go to the control side of the relay the relay isn't being energized.
Just saw your picture now. We are talking about the same relay. The small yellow wire is not getting power.
In fuse panel, looking for a fuse with a "key" symbol on it. I can't remember if it's a 10 amp (possibly a 5).
10amp, marked "key sw"
Did some digging yesterday and i have power from the 10 am fuse to the key switch. I checked the switch and that is good as well. Im not getting power from the key switch to the relays. What is between the switch and the relays?
I need to pick up where this thread leaves off. My SN is CFT00932. Thanks to Nige I already have a wiring diagram, if only I was smart enough to use it. My situation sounds exactly like farmerbrown. It was running fine, shut it down, came back two days later and nothing. Here is what I know. Batteries are OK-not great, Power to main relay, power to key switch. When I turn the key, power to the yellow wire on the switch. No power to the yellow control side of the main relay and no clunk on key turn and no power to the purple wire. I am suspicious of the switch on the dead man leaver. I have ohmed that switch. With the leaver raised I have one open and one closed conductor. With the leaver down (operate) I have two open conductors. I would take any help I can get, Thanks
Start at keyswitch. I've circled connector. As for "dead man switch", I has no idea what you mean. If you're talking pilot lockout lever, it plays no part in main power relay circuit. If your talking about the ground level emergency shutdown switch, it, too, plays no part in the main power relay circuit.
Thanks Heymccall. It will be later this evening before I get back to the machine to check the connector. I will be checking for voltage on both sides. I need to make best use of time. If I have voltage on both sides of the connector, what and where would the next connector in line be to check? Thanks for stopping me on the dead end pilot lockout.