Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 315L

Josh Colburn · 2024-06-06 21:47

does any one have a downloadable service manual for a cat 315L? Trying to figure out why right hand tracks won’t pull after it get warm and on a incline

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2024-06-06 23:14

    To identify the correct service manual really requires a Serial Number.

  2. #2Josh Colburn2024-06-07 12:16

    6YM02139

  3. #3Nige2024-06-07 13:00

    OK, so here are the details of the manuals for your machine. Operation & Maintenance - SEBU6876 Parts - XEBP7224 Service - SENR6180

  4. #4Nige2024-06-07 13:11

    Is this something that has developed in a short time or got worse over a long period.? Have you cut open the hydraulic return filter to check for metal particles.? Based on your symptoms have you done a case drain test on the travel motors to check whether one is bypassing more oil than the other.? Has the centre swivel been re-sealed recently.? See if the attached is any help.

  5. #5Josh Colburn2024-06-19 13:54

    I’ve had bout a yr , prob put 100 hours on it, been doin it since I’ve had it, and yes center swivel was resealed before I bought, had not done a case drain, catipillar came out in Jan, couldn’t find anything wrong but they was supposed to call before they left and didn’t so when they was there Machine wasn’t very hot

  6. #6Nige2024-06-19 14:26

    Case drain test for both travel motors with the hydraulic oil at normal operating temperature would be the next logical step.

  7. #7Self-Jameel2024-06-19 14:47

    What does that intale pls, as I'm facing almost the same issue as I've also created a thread but no rely yet tho.