Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 315L Help?

Josh Colburn ยท 2025-04-30 18:42

Guys I just blew a line on my wheel motor, I replaced, lost 20 gallon of fluid, do I need to bleed air anywhere or wheel motor? Or prime pump?

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2025-04-30 20:40

    Are you talking about the track drive motor, or do you have an M315 wheeled excavator.?

  2. #2Josh Colburn2025-04-30 21:20

    Track drive motor

  3. #3Nige2025-04-30 22:45

    Roger that. In that case swing the machine over the side where you have replaced the motor, put the bucket on the ground and lift up that side of the machine so the track can rotate freely. Then with the engine at Low Idle RPM slowly move the control for that motor from the neutral position (it doesn't matter in which direction). Mark a convenient point on the track and let it make a couple of complete circuits at that engine speed, that should be plenty of revolutions of the motor to get any air out. That's all it should need IMO. Oil level in the tank may drop a bit so check it afterwards.

  4. #4Josh Colburn2025-05-01 06:53

    Thanks buddy! I will do