Our mechanic is down south working on our other equipment and our CAT 316 has been detuned to the point if it’s showing half power. Everything works as it should and no issues leading up to it but it is showing all the service‘s are in the red. It’s been serviced but we can’t access the system to reset them without a computer since we don’t have the password and our guy has it down south so my question is could this essentially put it in limp mode or so we have another problem all together? Never had a machine act like this before,
A Serial Number would allow it to be confirmed but I think the password to reset the service counter should be 9992.
The vin is CAT0316EHDZW01192
Monitor System password confirmed as 9992.
Service reminders cannot derate the engine. Now that you have the pass code, retrieve the active and stored codes and events, and convert them here.
It was derated from a faulty DPF module along with a bad lift pump and it’s running normal again but I need to reset the service intervals anyway so I appreciate the information gentleman!!!