Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 318 260-2160 monitor 6-pin connector?

Spiely1810 · 2026-04-14 09:18

Hey guys, this is my first time posting. I have found many answers to questions I have had over the years on this forum, so first of all, thank you for all your help. I have a question I hope some of you smart people can help me with. We have a CAT 318 serial number H2D00354 that the monitor went bad on. We bought a new one but it came with a 6 pin connector and the wire colors do not match the original 8 pin connector. I have read a post on here that explained the pin numbers and colors of the machine harness that mentioned only 6 wires are used. We need to change this 6 pin to an 8 pin Deutsch connector but some of the wire colors don't match. Any help explaining what color wires are what on the new monitor connector would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a pic of the new plug. If you need more info, please let me know what you need.

Replies13
  1. #1Nige2026-04-14 09:31

    Where did you buy the replacement.? Is it genuine OEM.?

  2. #2Spiely18102026-04-14 10:23

    It is not OEM.

  3. #3Spiely18102026-04-14 10:24

    All of the ones online have the 6 pin connector. I couldn't find one with the 8 pin Deutsch connector.

  4. #4Nige2026-04-14 10:26

    It’s the wrong one in that case. I don’t have my laptop at the minute so cannot check but I suspect that the Part Number you are quoting is incorrect for your machine. Sorry I can’t be of more assistance.

  5. #5Nige2026-04-14 10:26

    That still doesn’t make them the right ones. Try contacting your local Cat dealer with the machine Serial Number and get the correct monitor Part Number for your machine. That might help you search for something similar online.

  6. #6Spiely18102026-04-14 10:49

    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately our CAT dealer said our machine was made in Germany and they are unable to get us the OEM monitor. They are the ones that gave me the part number. Thank again!

  7. #7Nige2026-04-14 11:19

    Just because the machine was made in Germany they should still be able to get parts for it. All Cat wheeled excavators are built in Germany. You didn’t mention that what you have is actually an M318C….. Cat build stuff all over the world and import it into the US. The correct OEM monitor may be unavailable at this time via the Cat parts network but that is a different situation altogether. Try a different dealer maybe.?

  8. #8Spiely18102026-04-14 11:32

    Sorry, yes M318C. We thought it was strange that they say it's unavailable from CAT. Will keep searching.... Thanks!

  9. #9Nige2026-04-14 11:52

    If I get my laptop back I will dig into this a bit deeper and let you know if I come up with anything.

  10. #10Spiely18102026-04-14 12:02

    Thank you so much for the help....

  11. #11pumkinhead2026-04-14 12:05
  12. #12pumkinhead2026-04-14 12:06

    as for what wires are what on your aftermarket monitor no idea

  13. #13Spiely18102026-04-14 12:12

    Thank for the info.