These are the specs for my machine: sn PAB06638 Engine SN MAE05872 AR No. (arrangement) 2870092 My CAT 320CL shows an "E" when you run the A/C or even just the fan. When I accessed the error codes at startup (hold temp up and down at same time) I got a flashing Error 43 on the HVAC screen. From another thread I found this: "43 is for incorrect movement of the discharge air damper. " I have looked thru the SIS that I can access and do not find a "discharge air damper." Is it called something else by CAT? Is it behind the seat? What makes for "incorrect movement"? Any tips appreciated.
"Discharge air damper" is the word used to refer to the servo motor that adjusts the air direction and the air deflectors attached to it. Please see the attached file for more details. Good luck.
Thanks for the info, Lachau! I'll let you know what I find...may be a few weeks. Just finished up this session of work, will be a few weeks before I get back to the machine to parse it out.
Lachau only has 100 prime rib dinners waiting on him and you get to make it 101. He will weigh 400 lbs if he ever gets to this side of the world!
hahaha...Lachau is very good about offering help. He deserves those prime ribs!
Thanks, again, Lachau. I took the covers off the AC system (behind the seat), cleaned it all best I could and sprayed servo linkages with WD40 to free them up. They were not moving well. There seem to be 3 "modes" for the airflow...defrost, blow mid-level or blow at feet...a mix of these 3. Once the linkages started moving better I now have one of the modes where there is not an "E"...the others still throw an "E". I think there may also be a servo in the front corner area, under the monitor. And one of the 3 rear area servos never did move for me. I'll eventually fuss with the other servos. In the meantime, I am using the AC in the flow mix that does not invoke an "E"...getting by for now.
Here is an update...I have been using the AC down here in the deep S. GA heat as I dredge the pond. When I accessed the AC this trip, there are now no "E"s showing on the display. I am assuming that all the lubricant and cleaning I did a month or so ago finally soaked down into the damper/servo movement areas. I can choose any "mode" of AC now and no Error shows up...must have been stuck dampers like Lachau postulated. Thanks, again, HEF folks!