Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Toshiba slew gear pinion shaft

Marcus Christensen · 2024-03-19 22:47

Firstly I'm a metal machinist/machinetool fitter not a mechanic that works on heavy plant so bear with me if I get some terminology wrong here. This is the casting that supports the pinion for the slew gear. top bearing is oil fed spherical roller bearing with a seal directly under it. beneath that is a second spherical which doesn't appear to have any provisions to feed grease or oil and by that nature has collapsed completely shredding the cage, rollers etc. real mess in there and not a lot to go off. the collapsed bearing appears to be a 215mm x 120mm x 58mm with either a spacer under the bearing or perhaps a very low profile labyrinth seal. I've made a pin socket from 4140 that adapts to a 4" socket so i could get the 3/4" rattle gun to remove the bearing nut. where would I even go about finding a manual for parts numbers of this odd seal/has anyone gone through this before? (pin socket is 110mm PCD of 10mm dowel pins, if anyone on the gold coast is reading this in years to come and needs it just pop in I'm at 29 Taree street burleigh heads, the plate steel façade in the back right corner)

Replies1
  1. #1Cliffy2024-03-19 23:10

    Nice job on the socket. Wish i had the skill and patience to make something like that. Have you tried your local JCB construction dealer?