Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 320 L Hydraulic pump not stroking

ludlow ยท 2016-11-12 07:25

Cat 320 L 9KK the pump isn't supplying enough power. When trying to push down boom to raise machine, machine won't raise, if I add a function such as stick or bucket flow or power occurs and raises machine. Same with travel, If I try forward travel on one side to turn, machine won't turn until I add a function such as stick or bucket - pump fires up and machine turns

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2016-11-12 09:10

    That sounds like classic symptoms of a resolver valve sticking.

  2. #2ludlow2016-11-12 11:33

    Please tell me more, where might I find the resolver valve - Thank you

  3. #3ludlow2019-08-28 22:12

    Nige where is the resolver valve I have the same issue with my 320L 9KK

  4. #4uffex2019-08-29 03:59

    Good day This has been a common complaint with many excavators if I may suggest it could be that as simple as geometry in such a case simply checking the pressure when the boom lower stalls would confirm a hydraulic issue. Kind regards Uffex