Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 320B (3MR) – Fault Code 4206 (Sensor 2 short to ground) – O.W.D. Sensor location & photo request

DOUAHCHIA ยท 2026-09-15 18:29

Post Body: Hello everyone, I am working on a Caterpillar 320B excavator (Prefix: 3MR) which is displaying fault code 4206 (Sensor 2 signal circuit short-to-ground, signal wire A425-YL-18). The Issue: The original part (O.W.D. Sensor part number 132-7315) is unfortunately discontinued (DISC) by Cat, and I need to accurately locate its physical position on the machine (hydraulic section / pilot control manifold) to test the wiring harness or find a suitable workaround. Request: Does anyone here have a real photo of this sensor installed on a 320B, or the exact diagram showing its location on the hydraulic block? I have attached the part label and code details to this post. Thank you in advance for your valuable help! Best regards, DOUAHCHIA

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2026-09-15 19:31

    #2 on diagram Threaded into the manifold that feeds both boom cylinder up feeds.

  2. #2DOUAHCHIA2026-09-15 19:47

    Thank you very much, heymccall! That is extremely clear and helpful. Thanks to your diagram and explanation, I know exactly where to look on the boom cylinder manifold now. I will check the sensor and trace the wiring harness to track down that short-to-ground on wire A425-YL-18. I really appreciate your quick and accurate support! Best regards, DOUAHCHIA

  3. #3DOUAHCHIA2026-09-15 20:03

    Hello heymccall, Thanks again for the precise location. I will check that manifold and the wiring harness for the short-to-ground on wire A425-YL-18. Quick question: Do you think an active fault code 4206 on this sensor could be the root cause preventing proper calibration routines in Service Groups 70 and 71 (governor and PRV valve)? Could this active fault block the calibration process from completing successfully? Best regards, DOUAHCHIA