Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 320C Hydraulic Auxiliary

dbruch1 ยท 2014-04-07 16:34

Has anyone installed an auxiliary hyrdraulic pump and auxiliary valve control for a mower? Using the Caterpillar components? Any information would be helpful. Thank you for taking the time to read this thread.

Replies7
  1. #1lantraxco2014-04-07 17:02

    Don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall the aux pump drive on those machines was severely limited in horsepower/torque. You may need to have CAT install an aux system that will pull off one or both main system pumps. Again, just a vague memory from my time as a dealer employee.

  2. #2dbruch12014-04-07 18:15

    On the Auxiliary drive are you limited on the size of the pump that you can put on the drive? Thank you.

  3. #3lantraxco2014-04-07 19:02

    Again I'm only going from my not too reliable memory here, but if I am correct if the machine is not originally equipped from the factory with an auxiliary pump drive, you can buy and install the gear, bearings, etc. to drive an aux pump. But the power is limited by size of the gear that mates with and drives the aux drive gear, I'm going to say 50 horsepower at rated speed but I may be confusing the CAT with another machine. I also seem to remember the pump mount was for an SAE "B" two bolt mount and splined shaft? Somebody jump in with the correct info?

  4. #4dbruch12014-04-07 19:50

    Thanks so much for your info. You gave me a starting point. Gonna go back and check it out.

  5. #5Mobiltech2014-04-07 19:55

    Have you already used the auxiliary valve on the main control valve for something else. How much flow do you need?

  6. #6Deeretracks2014-04-07 20:03

    Give these guys a call. They Manufacture and install the Slashbuster cutter heads and should be able to help you. D&M Machine Division Inc. 12 Monte-Brady Road Montesano, WA 98563 (360) 249-3366 (Fax) 249-1171

  7. #7heymccall2014-04-07 23:15

    If not there, then try HKX. And, it won't need a pump. That machine should have a spare spool.