Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 320C power shift solenoid

glennmackenzie ยท 2019-12-21 22:11

Hi all, my old 320C (AMC) is sluggish in all functions most of the time, but then at random points throughout the day it will regain all power and operate as it should, then randomly it will go back to being sluggish again. When I disconnect the prv solenoid, there is no change, ie it stays operating poorly (I have however only operated for a few minutes with the prv disconnected). Could the solenoid be bad and this is causing the random power changes throughout the day? Thanks in advance and Merry Xmas! Glenn

Replies6
  1. #1rmllarue912019-12-21 23:38

    It could be the solenoid but should check circuit first any codes ?

  2. #2Tyler d4c2019-12-21 23:39

    It could be the solenoid the sensor or wiring or the cam you need to pull codes to get a better idea.

  3. #3glennmackenzie2019-12-21 23:55

    Thanks guys, can I get codes by using service mode on the monitor?

  4. #4Tyler d4c2019-12-22 00:05

    Yes that's how you do it if it was a b model I could elaborate as I'm not real familiar with the c models a search should turn up what you need

  5. #5John C.2019-12-23 13:28

    To enter service mode you will need a code. The code for the C model is FFF2 and then the monitor panel will drop into the service menus. I have a video on the procedure for the D models of machines. I just haven't had a C model where I can film the procedure. The link below shows the D model excavators. Good Luck

  6. #6LACHAU2019-12-24 07:36

    Follow is video clip how to access service mode on CAT C Series excavator. It's also made by " Equipment Consulting Services, Inc. "