Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 320C Pump Control

dieseldog5.9 ยท 2020-05-20 08:40

Have a Cat 320C sn KPAB06629 Started up the machine after sitting for the winter, boom and stick are super slow, then randomly fast, bogs the engine down and smokes, let off controls and it is back to super slow. Assuming the swashplate control is having an issue moving the swashplate or sensing the change in pressure or engine speed. I am not as familiar with this machine as I am with older Hitachi and Deere machines, any help appreciated.

Replies4
  1. #1John C.2020-05-20 10:37

    Any codes on the monitor? Do you know how to get in there?

  2. #2dieseldog5.92020-05-20 11:18

    I do not notice any codes on the monitor, that is not saying much as I am not familiar with this machine. I do not know how to retrieve the codes. I own a straight 311 that I pulled the codes on last year, some combination of buttons on the monitor would display codes.

  3. #3John C.2020-05-20 12:15

    Here is a video showing how to access the diagnostics section on the monitor panel.

  4. #4dieseldog5.92020-05-20 21:04

    So I pulled some codes: Logged event: 69:179 69:100 Logged Error: 69: 254-09 69: 588-09 69: 167-08 69: 376-05 69: 1161-04