Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 320CL Track guide

gcsupraman · 2026-02-22 14:39

Hello, I’m having an issue with the track guides on my CAT 320CL. At some point, rocks became jammed inside the inner part of the track guides and flared them outward. The result is a “scoop” effect — the guides now tend to plow rocks and dirt into the track when the machine is moving. I removed one of the guides and was able to cut, heat, bend, and re-weld it back into position, but it wasn’t an easy repair. I haven’t addressed the second guide yet. While removing the first one, I noticed what appear to be additional mounting holes that look like they may be for a second track guide. Has anyone installed dual track guides on a 320CL? If so will it help prevent this type of damage? Any advice or experience would be appreciated. Thank you.

Replies5
  1. #1masterwelder2026-02-22 14:53

    Do you have the machine serial number handy?

  2. #2gcsupraman2026-02-22 15:40

    It's int h PAB03299

  3. #3masterwelder2026-02-22 15:57

    According to SIS your machine left the factory with 219-8469 guards It appears you can order the same part number and bolt it next to your existing guards.

  4. #4John C.2026-02-22 22:09

    What you describe is very common and most people just leave them the way they are or take them off. Unless you are doing a lot of forestry or pioneering with the machine, they are a complete waste. Most of those machines that I looked at only had half of the length installed anyway.

  5. #5gcsupraman2026-02-23 12:46

    That is exactly what I needed to know! Thank you very much.