I bought a thumb from oxhumbs for my Kubota kx040 mini excavator. I have a question regarding removing the pin from the existing setup. Is this a press fit pin and if so what's the best way to remove it? I do not have an hydraulic press.
Which pin are we talking about? There shouldn’t be any press fit pins anywhere, especially if it’s greasable.
Need a far away picture. Simon C
Here are a few more pictures. I have added arrows to the pin that I need to remove to install the thumb.
It is greasable
That won't be hard to remove...you already have the new longer thumb pin? I have never seen a KX-040 up here that didn't come with a thumb. Ours had an H & H (if I recall). The one thing I didn't like about the 040 was the fact that the thumb had to be re-activated every time with a switch! Kind of minor; but annoying. Nice strong & smooth machines though.
Yes, I have the longer pin for the thumb. I don't see any lock pin that holds the pin in place. Is it just a few hammer blows to remove it?
Remove the bucket from the quick coupler and you will see the hole where the roll pin is, Drive the roll pin out
After removing the bucket, I saw the roll pin. It did require real persuasion to get the roll pin out. I created an exact-fit pin from a rod using the lathe and then hammered out. Thank you for the help!
Mine is a 2024 KX040-4, and I have to activate the AUX every time when starting the machine. I just found out, while installing the thumb. It is a button on the interface. Maybe a bit annoying, but not a big deal.
Yes that is annoying with the Kubota's along with it starting at full throttle if you forget to turn it down and having to lift the safety lever to restart it.