Cat 320 D 2L excavator is not reving more than 1850 at full throttle position 10. All hydraulic operations are slow but the engine is not smoking and not stalling. Some times it wont rev at all.
I seem to remember 1850 being where the engines are set now days on those machines. Do you know how to check for fault codes on the machine monitor panel?
Sorry john C i did a mistake there. Its not reving more than 1350. I am knew to CAT machines .School me on how to check fault codes
I have a video that shows you how to get there. My channel shows lots of other stuff as well. Good Luck
Thank you a lot.Your video is very educative(simple and straight forward). I wanna try to check tommorow and i will update you.
This is what i saw when i tried to log in using FFF2 password. No option for letters
Password is 9992
Thank you i wanna loggin tommorow
I managed to log in today and i found this under LOGGED DIAGNOSTIC CODES : Faulty engine speed dial switch .Today the machine was worse, not reving at all but it was showing on the monitor that is selecting position 1 to 10 but no response . So we ordered another switch .will update you probably tomorrow.
I fitted a new dial switch today and i tried to calibrate the engine speed but it failed to calibrate the reason being Engine speed to low. Then i checked the fuel pressure at 1590 revs/min (position 10) it was showing me 80 Kpa . So now i want to know if 80 kpa is the right pressure when the engine is at its maximum speed and what's the minimum pressure when its idling at 1100 revs/min
Serial number is CAT0320DCRAR01241
80kPa translates to about 12psi give or take. You should be seeing somewhere closer to 50-60psi as a minimum. Are you sure it wasn't 80psi you measured..? if it was only 80kPa then some sort of blockage in the fuel system maybe, not necessarily just filters..?
I used ET to check the fuel pressure . I am very sure .Thank you Sir .i wanna trace all the fuel pipes from the tank including the tank also and the electric priming pump also.
I think it might be a good idea to confirm your ET reading with a mechanical gauge.
I traced and cleaned all fuel system pipes and the tank itself then i fitted back everything. i switched on the ignition to bleed the system and i found that the Electric priming pump is quiet and i tested the power supply to pump and the power was there then i condemned the pump. I will update you when i fitted a new electric priming pump
Our 345B had a similar issue. Would go to 10, but not rev past about 7. Turned out to be someone left the tank plug loose after adding oil, and would not build pressure. Once the pressure built up it was fine. There was an indicator lit up for it, but wasn't really self-explanatory - a picture of a hydraulic cylinder with two arrows pointing inward. Hope that helps.
Finally, i got the really problem of the Excavator .it was a fucked up body solenoid that supplies power to the fuse box. I fitted a new electric priming pump but it ddnt pump then i tested voltage using multimeter and i got 12V instead of 24V and i found that the right column fuses were not getting power .unfortunately i burnt that pump with that 12V. Then i replced that body solenoid and fitted a new pump again now everything is working perfectly. But for intrest sake i am asking for the electric schematic of this CAT 320D2 serial number is CAT0320DCRAR01241 i want to learn more . Thank you for your contributions Stay safe from CORONA VIRUS
I’ll send you a copy.
Noted with thanks Nige