How to solve it?
At the bottom of that photo it says “8 error”. What are the other two.? Also a machine Serial Number would help.
Serial number : FAL0692X And 2 error code is 617-5 :inlet Air heater relay 3257-3 Air inlet heater
Fuel system verification test via Cat ET is the only way to get rid of those codes. Last time I saw all 6 injectors coding for -7, thermostat was stuck open and the engine never got warm enough to do the self verification test in the ECM. Could be what’s going on here, could also need injectors. I’d definitely run the test first and see what it tells you.
Could the two Codes related to the air inlet heater be affecting the injectors in some way.?
I don’t believe so, I also have no idea what the climate is like in Thailand.
Highs always over 80F year-round, up to 100F on hot days. High humidity.
Sounds miserable. Be a good thing to fix the air inlet heater but I doubt it’s contributing to this issue.
Here's the troubleshooting procedure for the two air inlet heater Codes. It is the same for both so you only have to do it once. To the OP. If you need a complete electrical schematic for the machine just ask.
What happened after diagnosis
Any fix on this. I am also facing similar issue. Recently changed x6 injectors plus injector harness with correct trim but still fault active.
Can you post a machine Serial Number please. Also do you have Active -7 Codes for all six injectors.?
Serial Prefix: BWZ (OSJ) = FAL (INJ) Active codes when machine on load 1-7, 2-7, 3-7, 4-7, 5-7 and 6-7 (Injector not working properly). When these codes are active the engine falls into derate/limp mode. The injector harness, injectors and high pressure fuel pump has been recently changed but problem is still present. NOTE: Trim files have been correctly installed. Engine wiring Harness resistance test has been carried out and all within specs. I am leaning my probable cause to be engine ECM failure. What do you think?
You're right. If there are no shorts or opens on the injectors, and if all the injectors are original with the correct trim code, then the engine ECM is faulty. The fastest and most accurate way to check is to connect a test ECM taken from a similar excavator.
I had the -7 fault on a 336E. Dealer came out... Well, here HeavyEquipmentForums Long and short of it, a validation test of some sort is hidden in ET, not related to trim files, that my tech had zero clue about.
Yes, there is a "Fuel System Verification Test." However, this test is performed with FMI 02 (Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect) fault. In this case, the fault is FMI 07 (Not Responding Properly). However, to verify, you can still try the "Fuel System Verification Test." Sometimes, after successfully completing this test, injector errors disappear.