Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 320D slew brake problem

glennmackenzie ยท 2016-01-11 03:35

Hi guys, The slew brake on my 320D isn't working properly, when working on an angle the machine will creep, however when the hydraulic lock-out lever is dropped down so I can get out of the cab, the creeping stops. When the lever is raised, the creeping starts again. Whats going on?

Replies6
  1. #1Cmark2016-01-11 04:43

    look on the console near your right elbow for a switch that looks (from memory) like a bucket with a left and right arrow under it. Push it. If that doesn't cure it, report back. And if it does cure it, report back anyway. We all like a quick fix.

  2. #2Mark2502016-01-11 05:36

    I think Cmark is referring to Regards Mark

  3. #3srjd2016-01-11 13:55

    Same thing happened on my 320D. I hit it by accident cleaning. What is the purpose of that button anyways?

  4. #4srjd2016-01-11 13:57

    Nevermind I just noticed it was posted above

  5. #5srjd2016-01-11 15:01

    Hey Glenn. Not trying to change the subject on your thread but what do you see for coolant and hydraulic Temps on a 30 DegC day

  6. #6cat 3852016-01-14 12:31

    is it creeping on one direction or it happens on both direction