T/S 320L, no start/shutdown, control panel inop, checked wiring, doesn't appear to have any issues, suspect the ECU. I ran a wire from the starter relay and when applied to ground the engine starts, but won't shut down, have to manually pull the shutdown. Also the control panel doesn't turn on, warning buzzer won't work, checked key switch, it appears OK. Speed control when turned up, does 3 stage idle down, when turned down it does a 3 stage up idle. I applied ground to the ECU connector for the fuel shut off relay (not the ecu itself, just the unhooked connector) and it operated normally, I think. I had both ECU connectors off and engine started and ran. Horn doesn't work. Just curious if this could be a bad ECU or?
Hello, I read your Problem regarding your CAT 320 L, and I also think it's because of ECU, But I'm not expert in this. So I suggest you to visit the site called Reliable-Store( http://www.reliable-store.com/ ) They have the best service and repair manuals and I'm sure you will get the manual of your CAT to. Actually last year there is some problem with my bobcat engine and try to repair it but I always fail and can't get the exact problem. Then my friend suggest me this site I visit it and I was surprised to know they have all vehicle service manual and in the pdf format, you pay now and within 1 hr your manual is deliver in your mail account. I love to visit this site and I'm sure you love this site too. Do check the link I'm sure you will get the solution of your problem.
Yeeeeaaah, I already have all the manuals I need. Thanks anyway...
hi, check for power to horn fuse and key switch fuse, both these circuits are fed from 60 amp alternator circuit breaker. if this is ok check for power into and out of your main power relay in box in left hand side fuse /relay panel. this relay supply's a lot of circuits and is turned on by the key switch and does cause trouble Mark
Hey Mark, thanks for the info. Have checked all fuses, main breaker, all relays, another mechanic had a look and was baffled as well. I think some part of the ECU took a dump, as well as maybe the neutral start switch (no continuity) and the safety relay. Boss called Empire to come take a look. Just too many unrelated things not working but all interact with the ECU. It's their problem now, I got 100 other things to do..
So, Cat came out, and as I suspected the neutral start and safety relay were both bad, as well as the fuel cut off solenoid. Waiting for parts and see what happens...