Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 322b

aklilu ยท 2024-08-19 03:30

Hallo, I've a cat 322b excavator (engine 3116). The engine struggles as soon as hydraulic system is activated. I used to activate the hydraulic system while the engine was on idel, and it used to run. Now, if hydraulic system is activated on idel, it stalls immediately. It sounds like there's a high pressure of hydraulic as soon as the activation lever is engaged. If just continue to work on high idel, engine stalls after about 30 min of operation. Give it about 15 min rest, it works again and stalls afterwards. I changed all the hydraulic system filters. I really appreciate if you can help.

Replies7
  1. #1Kobe Steel2024-08-19 05:37

    Hi Aklilu It sounds like the pumps proportional solenoid valve is not working or the pump itself is not regulating. I do not have access to CAT information but if you can provide a serial number of your machine then other members may be able to give you service information to help you in troubleshooting the problem. Kind regards

  2. #2aklilu2024-09-17 15:03

    Thank you very much for your reply. I cleaned the main relief valve without touching the adjustments. It sounds good but did not work for long to conclude that it is working good. I will let you know after working long hours.

  3. #3heymccall2024-09-17 15:16

    Are the hydraulics loaded when in computer bypass? I can't count the times where someone (not me) omitted the Oring between the 117-3089 separator filter and its bowl. Symptoms can be similar.

  4. #4Cliffy2024-09-17 15:59

    As above, my favourite oring. Or just left the water separator bowl off all together. I have almost killed work colleagues before over the same filter. Normally I would find the bowl still on the old filter sitting in the filter drain.

  5. #5MichaelF2024-10-30 18:29

    Just curious if you found the issue mine is doing the same thing when it cold it will run about two hours and then start bogging down when the controls are used. Here is what we have checked; drained fuel tank and cleaned install new filters all around took both air filters out did not help. By passed the water fuel separator by installing clear filter temporarily. New hydraulic filter. Next things on list is hydraulic solenoids. Feels like it get stuck in high flow and not sure which one that is.

  6. #6Mechanic_Caterpillar2024-10-30 23:07

    Try replacing the Power Shift solenoid.

  7. #7MichaelF2024-11-01 20:48

    I have narrowed it down to the main relief valve and actuator. Not getting the pressure from pump which was rebuilt not long ago. Any sources for used out there?