Serial Hek00405 2004 cat excavator I am going through this excavator. Not much cleaning over the years. Took the ac plastic boxes apart behind the seat. There was much dirt on the coils. I washed with water for a long time. I am having minimal heat and no cold air. I see that my flapper door that switches from heat to cold air has sheared off at the bottom hinge. How do I fix this flapper door. The parts on the bottom seam to be seized together. The parts number for the door is 177-6732. Superceded by 320-1457. Looks to be a common issue if the part number got changed.
The updated Part Number is "stronger than the one it replaces". Attached are the replacement instructions for the blend door.
They made the door pivot stronger to make up for the actuator overstroking when it corroded from condensation. I was able to swap the door, in situ, without blowing the gas or coolant. They (the door pivots) broke around the 3k hour mark. Never had an issue again after replacement.
Looks like I have to get to the bottom of the lower portion of the ac box to get a bolt out. Jeez. More removing stuff with a seat in the way. Waiting for the part to come in.
I pulled the seat, unbolted the hvac box from the floor, propped the rear up and worked out the bolt(s).
How do you pull the seat with all the pilot lines going to the joysticks?
Just the seat. At the slide rails.
Lots of work but replaced the flapper and all is working well. Be careful when connecting the electrical connections back up on the Air conditioner. They have 2 males and 2 females that I swapped on accident and nothing would work. Thats dumb engineering.