Hey everyone. I have a question regarding the quick attach on this excavator. Am I crazy to think that with the hydraulic coupler you loose some digging power especially in the bucket force. I have ran machine with and without the coupler and definitely seems more powerful without coupler. Any response is greatly appreciated.
Yes, you loose a certain amount of bucket break out force with a quick coupler. The further out from the stick that the bucket teeth are the more you loose.
The dimension that you've changed by a adding a coupler, that is measurable, is the pin to tip length. Take your bucket and measure for the center of the stick pin to the tip of the teeth. I'm gonna guess at 60". Now, put it on the coupler and measure from the coupler stick pin to the tooth tip. I'm gonna guess that it's 70". You've effectively decreased your "leverage", and force, by 1/7. Caterpillar and most bucket manufacturers now offer "shorter" buckets to maintain original force ratings when a coupler is used.