Hi there I have a CAT 323. She was sitting for 2 weeks. Was working great. Today when we started her, the engine was running fast. Tried to turn the speed dial, with no result. The display shows the dial speed, but the engine is running at one speed. If I look at the computer it reads engine speed 8, instead of 1. The one error I get is 39:2256 -3/8. (Pump output sensor pressure). Where is this sensor located? All fuses are good. I did notice that the hydraulic oil is low. Will add more oil tomorrow. Any suggestion are welcome. Regards
Serial number ?
SN *CAT0323DVSDC00803*
By any chance were your Codes 039:2265-3 and 039:2265-8.? These are the Codes for Pump Pressure Sensor #1 2256 makes no sense, there is no 2256 Code on your machine. Here are the Troubleshooting procedures for the two Codes. The #1 and #2 sensors are both in the same location #34 as shown below. The wires for the two sensors are different colours, so look for the sensor with yellow/black/green wires to it. That is #1. (The wires are yellow/black/yellow for sensor #2.) If you want a copy of the electrical schematic please ask.
Could the throttle issue be that someone has inadvertently placed the system in "override"? Many times the toggle switch gets bumped with a thermos or hardhat. I'd think there would be a code for that, but, I just don't recall.
Hi all The error was CID 2265 FMI 3/8. And it makes no sense to me either. If I go into the maintenance display it reads engine speed 8. If I turn the speed dial it goes from 1-10 as you turn it. I did fill up the system to the top line with hydraulic oil. I replaced the filters 1 month ago. Thanks for the pics and pdf's. Where is this toggle switch for the override?
Did you manage to locate the sensors and at minimum check connector condition or look for wiring damage.?
Hi there I'll check those out today. Please send me the electrical schematic. Thanks
Hi all Thanks for all the help. Today I saw another error message 39:190-8 @Nige if you could please send me those electric diagrams it would be great. BUT, I got the problem fixed. @heymccall you were correct. It was the override switch.. Regards
Check your messages. I sent you the schematic earlier today. I’ll look up the troubleshooting procedure for the 190-8 Code and post it.
190 is "engine overspeed" warning. Possibly related to be in "override".
@Nige = Thank you. @heymccall -- Will check it out.
I had no idea where the override switches are, as I dont have a 323D. Where are they situated?
#4 - RH console #3 is the Automatic Engine Speed Control switch
190-08 troubleshooting procedure attached. It's actually a weird frequency signal from the engine speed sensor. Could be nothing more than dirt/metallic particles on the business end of the sensor.