Hi All The machine was losing power so we changed diesel filters and cleaned the airfilter. It seems that there was air in the system. Bleed it out. But seems to get air some ware. As the machine was at a slope we moved it to level area with a bit of struggle (low power/air). Checked filters, copper washers and everything again. But now the machine won't respond to the speed dial. It works fine from 1 to 5. 6 to 10 no difference in engine speed. Same as five. Is this some kind of "limp mode"? How do I reset it? If I press down on the throttle next to the injector pump, the revs increase like normal. SN *CAT0323DVSDC00803* Thanks in advance. Jaxo
Hi again Is there a way to full test the electronic throttle that pulls the throttle cable? Part nr: 247-5231 2475231 I removed it and saw it move from speed 1 to 5. 6 up nothing. Strange thing is, it was working this morning for about 15min when we first started up the machine. Still wonder what could possible result the ECU to not give the signal. Thanks.
The electronic throttle/step governor is working OK. I used the manual override, behind the armrest, to go to max revs. So, its not stuck and can go all the way and cables also OK. So, it must be ECU that is restricting throttle for engine "safety". Either hydraulic or engine itself. Stay tuned to the journey, or help me to get to the pocket of gems quickly.
OK, Sorted. The ECM goes into "limp mode" and limit the speed to setting 5 when you have low engine oil pressure. I removed and cleaned the sump and oil screen. New engine oil and filter.
What was in there?
There was silicone pieces, from I guess previous rebuild or repairs. Also, the oil was bit dirty. Filter most probably also clogged up with some silicone. Now I am waiting for a new oil level switch (213-0677), to get rid of that annoying message on the screen.