Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 323D Pilot Issues

collins_br · 2022-05-17 05:49

Hi all. We’ve had a number of pilot hoses blow, one after another. Admittedly they were in poor condition, so we have replaced any others that looked bad. But again this morning there’s another leak coming from somewhere. I’m thinking that there may be something else going on. Any advice/experience welcome, where to check and adjust pressure etc. BYM00234 Thanks Brendan

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2022-05-17 08:35
  2. #2heymccall2022-05-17 08:51
  3. #3collins_br2022-05-17 08:54

    Thanks for the info, I suppose it could just be that they’ve reached the end of their life!!!

  4. #4John C.2022-05-18 11:32

    How many hours are on the machine. What I've experienced is that hydraulic hoses and plastic tubing have a working life around 6,000 hours. That generally means that you may start seeing failures at around that point.

  5. #5collins_br2022-05-19 12:04

    It has over double 6k hours, at this stage it’s probably safe to say that it was just rotten hoses. I was suspicious when they blew, one after another. It worked the last 2 days (mostly rock breaking) and no issues. Thanks for the help. Brendan