Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 312A does not show coolant temperature gauges hydraulic oil fuel level

jrangel78 ยท 2022-05-16 21:05

I have a caterpillar 312A it does not show coolant temperature indicators hydraulic oil temperature fuel level I have added to that the automatic throttle throttle knob does not respond I have these errors present E 01-E02-E03-E15-E18 I would appreciate any guidance in solving this problem.

Replies15
  1. #1Nige2022-05-16 21:59

    A good idea would be to start with a Serial Number.

  2. #2jrangel782022-05-16 22:11
  3. #3Nige2022-05-16 22:28

    That is unfortunate. You have a machine built for the Japanese market that was never intended to be sold anywhere outside Japan. The only Service documentation available for 7DK is the original Japanese documentation and that will not be of much use to you. The closest relative to a 7DK machine around your Serial Number is a 6GK-prefix machine with S/N above 00393. I will send you the electrical schematic for that machine. I will also search for the Error Numbers you mentioned in your original post and reply with what I can find.

  4. #4jrangel782022-05-16 22:30

    I have checked the power supply of the monitor counter and everything is fine. Check the counter on all 3 boards. jsca of some damaged component and looks in perfect condition without corrosion or overheating of components

  5. #5jrangel782022-05-16 22:33

    I have checked the power supply of the controller and the monitor and everything is fine. I checked the controller on all 3 boards. look for any damaged component and it looks in perfect condition without corrosion or overheating of components

  6. #6jrangel782022-05-16 22:35
  7. #7anuradha2022-05-18 14:21

    Hi, E 01 - engine oil pressure is too low E 02 - engine coolent temp. is too high E 03 - hydraulic oil temp. Is too high E 15 - governor backup sw is in manual position or governor motor circuit is open. E 18 - proportional reducing valve circuit is open. Did you check whether, both the governor backup switch and pump backup switch are in auto position. If you can please upload a photo of the monitor when this fault is prevailing.

  8. #8jrangel782022-05-21 00:13
  9. #9jrangel782022-05-21 00:16
  10. #10jrangel782022-05-21 00:22

    I send you my email [email protected]

  11. #11jrangel782022-05-30 05:39

    good morning my dear...I still haven't been able to solve the problem...I have a concern...if the engine oil pressure is very low, this is the reason why the machine goes into reduced function and cancels the automatic acceleration on the throttle knob and restrict my monitor functions?

  12. #12kaffine2022-05-30 12:12

    Does the oil pressure sensor, coolant temp sensor, oil temp sensor, governor backup switch, and proportional reducing valve circuit by any chance share the same reference voltage? If so have you measured the reference voltage? I don't have experience with equipment but have a bit of experience with automotive. It was common for a reference voltage to get shorted to ground somewhere causing codes for multiple sensors.

  13. #13kaffine2022-05-30 22:12

    The way to check the reference voltage is to disconnect one of the sensors and probe pins checking the voltages to ground. In automotive reference voltage is typically 5V. I would expect equipment to be the same but would need to verify in the manual for the specific equipment to be sure. The temp sensors are likely to not have the reference voltage actually go to the sensor however inside the ECM they will use it. Typically temp sensors have 2 wires and if you disconnect the sensor 1 wire would read 5V (or reference voltage) if using a digital meter some analog meters may read lower depending on meter. As I said this is just a guess based on reported symptom. If the voltage is low you can try disconnecting the sensors 1 at a time and see if one is causing it to be low. If it reads 0V even with all the sensors disconnected you can check the resistance to ground I would guess it would be low if it is low enough for a continuity meter to beep you can then go an move the wiring harness around and see if the short goes away.

  14. #14jrangel782022-06-08 21:10

    thanks friend...I already solved the signal from the oil pressure sensor, the ground signal was not present and now it does not emit an alarm sound and it shows me pressure, the error was eliminated...but the temperature of the coolant placed the sensor in another machine and it is in perfect condition... with the actuator governor I am going to replace the switch and the pvr valve el solen

  15. #15kaffine2022-06-09 21:53

    What was found wrong with the ground for the oil pressure sensor and how was it fixed? Did you check the ground on the other sensors? Just wondering if maybe they all share a common ground but how it was fixed only fixed it for the oil pressure sensor. Sorry without having the schematic in front of me not much else I can think to check.