I recently got a 324D L excavator, the hydraulic thumb won’t work. On the display, you can select your tool. I was told that you can edit the tool, to enable the thumb. I can’t find anywhere that enables me to activate the thumb. Also, these a code to get into the functions, is there a master code to get into it?
On display, scroll 'til "work tool select", then enter. If code is asked for, it's 0001. Then select thumb. Then cycle pilot lockout lever.
Ok, I got in with the password. But I can’t find how to turn the thumb, or aux attachment. It looks like it should be in configurations, but everything I try doesn’t work
You're in too deep. Tool select should be on main screen at startup. Scroll to tool select, enter, then password if necessary, then select thumb.
I’ve tried all 10 and no tool. Cycled lever every time. Thumb still won’t work. I don’t need a password to select the tool. The password got me into where the attachments are and how each tool is set up
Dumb question are there any shutoff valves on the stick?
Ya there is, and they are turned on.
Ok, so the hyd thumb is aftermarket. HKX kit. It’s wired into the left hand side of the seat for power. I’m not getting any power from this wire. I can’t find where it would be on a fuse. Does anybody know where to chase this harness? I’m presuming it’s switched power, only power on it when the operator lever is up
Remove the storage compartment behind the seat (5@ T30 torx screws). That fuse panel will have spare circuits with short pink wires terminated with female bullet connectors. You can use any of the unconnected ones to power your thumb control. Or, wait until someone gets a schematic up on here, to trace that existing circuit.
Need a machine Serial Number to identify the correct schematic.
From the photos of the Parts Manual the prefix appears to be JJG. To the OP - check your messages.
Thanks for the help everyone, found a bad wire, where the previous owner had gotten power from. All good to go now. Thanks for the help
For those following, he sent me this picture of the plumbing... Definitely not Caterpillar. But, after sending him some HKX images, he found their solenoid valve, and traced its source back to the wiring shown above. That explains why tool select didn't work. After a brief discussion, we determined that it didn't have any OEM auxiliaries of any level.
And we discovered that the power to the 2-pin Deutsch connector in the photo in Post #8 that the thumb installer used for the thumb controller was actually intended to operate the (attachment) air suspension seat.
Y'all are amazing sleuths! Cool that you fixed him up.