Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 324D L with breaker won’t hammer

amscontr ยท 2010-10-25 18:25

We just put a breaker/hammer on a 324D and for some reason the thing won't activate. The setting on the module/panel is ITC Breaker, both valves on the stick are open, and the controls on the joystick are functioning. We even switched hammers and the same thing. I'm just wondering if anyone else might of had the same problem?

Replies10
  1. #1insleyboy2010-10-25 18:52

    Change the quick disconnect...sometimes the female end will malfunction! Worked on a 330 for me last month.

  2. #2amscontr2010-10-25 18:54

    It doesn't have a quick connect, just two fittings a male and female on each side. I'm thinking it's something electronic or computer? The hose on the left jumps a little but not enough to activate the hammer.

  3. #3insleyboy2010-10-25 18:58

    Hmmm. Well we had a hammer do that long ago . I believe it was low on propellant. Nitrogen maybe?

  4. #4amscontr2010-10-25 19:07

    How do you check to see if it's out of nitrogen?

  5. #5YELLOMTLMILITIA2010-10-25 19:51

    Prob have to go into the service side of the monitor with the service passcode and change the attatchement there also.

  6. #6amscontr2010-10-25 20:15

    That's what I was afraid of. It sure ain't like the good ole days where you turned a couple valves/fittings and you were in business.

  7. #7motrack2010-10-25 21:16

    Find your operators manual and read it. Once your sure the excavator hyds are set up correctly then you know its a hammer issue.

  8. #8DirectTech2010-10-25 21:23

    It could be that you have to much back pressure, we just had a hammer have a hose failure, the inside of the hose came apart blocking the reture line causing to much back pressure. may I suggest that you unhook hose going from hammer to stick put in 5 gal pale a try it, that is how I found out.

  9. #9Per Eriksson2010-10-26 14:30

    Just beacuse someone made a tool program doesn't mean he did it right with the settings. It's easy to check and adjust the tool settings in the monitor yourself if you want too. A quicki check if the relief pressure for the hammer circiut is set correct is to close the valves on the stick and then activate the hammer with the button and reading off the pump pressure in the status menu.

  10. #10amscontr2010-10-26 18:39

    It's fixed The mechanic finally listened to reason called the Cat man out with his laptop and it was some programming issue. I appreciate everyone's help, thanks. Too new of a machine for me to have a hammer on but it's not mine so I'll hammer away!