Hello I am the new owner of a CAT 325 C excavator 2005, the machine has 5000 hours and it worked perfectly until yesterday when the right joystick won't take some commands like "boom lift" or "bucket". I checked all fuses in the panel and are ok, I checked the relays and they seem to be ok but I will replace them all for safety, to eliminate the problem as it would be a problem I manually operated hydraulic solenoid under the cab and hydraulic works perfectly, it seems I have an electrical problem and i fail to find it. All selonoids under the cab have a check red light ,from 6 selonoids only 2 have the red light off,it can be my problem? Thanks in advance for your help. regards Bogdan.C
From on-board computer,logged errors and evens: 24: 167-11 24: 91-08 24: 617-05 69: 376-05 69: 23 24: 95 24: 265 24: 5 69: 15
Need (at minimum) a Serial Number prefix. There are over 20 variants of the 325C, it would be nice to know which one we're dealing with ...........
Hi , where can i find the S/N. ? Thank you
Get the engine Serial Number. It will be on a plate on the valve cover. I can find the machine Serial Number from that.
Here is the S/N get from my driver,i hope is correct CSJ01427. Thank you.
After your first post I was going to ask for a serial number because I have never seen a Cat C series with EH controls, but Nige beat me to it. Now we have your serial number, I'm still none the wiser. Those solenoids don't look like Cat OEM. If you say that manually activating them makes the bucket and boom move then I think you've maybe got some aftermarket control system fitted. If we then say that all those assumptions are correct then basically your RH joystick isn't working, right? If so, firstly check to dee if you have +24v to theRH joystick. Has this machine got some weird forestry/scrap handling arrangement??
The base of the machine is CAT 325C and the drilling hydraulics attach to CAT is Casagrande B180, i tested all hydraulic manualy and it works perfectly, I replaced all relays and checked all the fuses and they are ok, the only cables that reach in the right joystick are from joystick buttons and they works perfectly. If you push or pull the right joystick should take command of acting boom up or down, this does not happen unless i push manualy the a solenoid under the cabin . The buttons on the right joystick are powered and works perfectly, to be more specific the CAT both "Boom" cyliders are not working when i push or pull the right joystick. Please excuse my english. There is one more detail ,my dilling machine driver give me a wrong serial number,here is the right one 35H00196*
35H00196 must be the Casagrande serial number. CSJ01427 is a good number for a 325C. So what we're saying is the RH joystick is still working the pilot control system for the boom, but it won't activate until you operate one of the solenoids manually, right? Those solenoids aren't part of the Cat system. Try unplugging the solenoid in question and applying battery voltage straight to it. If it still doesn't work, the solenoid's faulty. On the other hand if that does make it work then you'll need a schematic for the Casagrande part of things to figure out what activates it and when. I don't know the first thing about Casagrande drilling rigs but my guess is it's probably part of some kind of safety interlock system. If you can make it work by wiring the solenoid straight to battery voltage, don't be tempted to leave it at that. My advice would be to troubleshoot it and make it work as it should. Edit. And there's no need to apologise for your English, it's 100% better than my Dutch
So what we're saying is the RH joystick is still working the pilot control system for the boom, but it won't activate until you operate one of the solenoids manually, right? Yes is correct. Those solenoids aren't part of the Cat system. Try unplugging the solenoid in question and applying battery voltage straight to it. If it still doesn't work, the solenoid's faulty. On the other hand if that does make it work then you'll need a schematic for the Casagrande part of things to figure out what activates it and when. I allready done that and all selonoids are working if I put 24v on them,pff.
Time to call Casagrande, obviously a fault with wiring or some type of limit switch or sensor intended to stop those functions as Cmark says for safety reasons.
Can someone help me with an electric and hydraulic diagram for CAT 325C /2005 Thank you
Send me your e-mail address by PM. I will send you a copy.
What does "pff" mean?
pff,means hard work like a sigh, good day, sir
Hello After long research and many hours of work I found the problem ,it was a 30A fuse i do not know how I missed it because I definitely checked at least 5 times the fuse panels. Now i have one more primary function that does not work in parameters is the secondary winch who works intermittently.I change the oil and the filters of the engine but i still have the error on the bord computer "LOW LEVEL ENGINE OIL" ,I checked the engine oil dipstick and is at maxx, i think the probe is faulty,can you help me with the location of the engine oil probe? Thanks for your help and for electrical and hydraulic drawings, I can not manage without them.
The engine oil level indicator is a switch located in one side of the engine oil pan. You will find it shown in grid D-11 of the electrical schematic. it is a simple switch that opens if the oil level is low, so bridging the terminals of the wiring harness connector at the switch should silence the alarm if the switch is actually the problem.
I need CAT 325 CL Electric Schematic Seri NO CRB I need CAT 325CL electric schematic and fault errors codes..Could you e-mail at [email protected] ? Thanks in advance.
There is a Serial Number break in the CRB-prefix at 642. Is your machine Serial Number above or below CRB00642..?
The engine oil level switch is a post with a donut on it. It is a magnetic switch and is turned on or off by the position of the donut, resting on floating off. The donut always sits in one position as it is weighted. for some reason as they get old they work in reverse and need to be changed. Later Bob