Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 325D is leaking diesel into oil

Pavazhira ยท 2021-10-13 13:57

CAT 325D is leaking diesel diesel into engine oil, what are the possible causes besides injector seals and transfer pump SERIAL NUMBER : CAT0325DHT2S00263

Replies7
  1. #1heymccall2021-10-13 14:15

    Since your machine engine was built 2 months before this bulletin, I'd start there. C7C04059 eng serial number

  2. #2heymccall2021-10-13 14:21
  3. #3heymccall2021-10-13 14:24
  4. #4Pavazhira2021-10-13 14:34

    NOTED WITH THANKS

  5. #5heymccall2021-10-13 22:12

    All the above says "oil into diesel", not the other way...but, that wasn't my experience with them.

  6. #6JPV2021-10-13 23:37

    I am not sure on those if you can run that one with the valve cover off and see the base of the injector to watch for diesel seeping up around it or not. I remember troubleshooting one that way but can't remember what exact motor it was.

  7. #7Pavazhira2021-10-14 01:12

    Yes u can even see a shininng injector then you know that's the one.