Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 325L drive slow on one side

woolls ยท 2017-07-31 06:57

My Cat 325L (9kl00122) is slow on one side. I replaced the swivel seals a while back and this made no difference. I noticed yesterday when I lift the slow side in the air and run the track forward or reverse and push down on the stick, the track speed goes to normal. The stick doesn't lift the digger until I stop moving the track. What could be the cause of this? Any help would be great. Cheers Leigh

Replies15
  1. #1CatKC2017-07-31 11:29

    Are you saying the 'slow side' is slow UNTIL you push the stick down ? And then it goes to 'normal'.

  2. #2woolls2017-07-31 19:26

    That's correct.

  3. #3woolls2017-08-01 19:40

    I stuffed up, its when I push down on the Boom

  4. #4lantraxco2017-08-02 15:18

    Does the 325 have resolvers?

  5. #5woolls2017-08-02 20:13

    Sorry for my lack of knowledge, what are resolvers?

  6. #6lantraxco2017-08-02 21:45

    CAT's fancy term for check valve or shuttle valve cartridges that feed a load sense line back to the pumps. At least that's what they call them on the backhoes and I think dozers... sorry it's been a while, not sure of anything anymore.

  7. #7toslow2017-08-02 23:01

    how many hrs on the machine? might have a drivemotor that is weak if it tracks to one side on straight travel. also check to see is one side runs hotter than the other. i would do a case drain check on the weak side and see how much oil you get. don't know what the specs are but it would atleast eliminate that part of the problem

  8. #8woolls2017-08-02 23:21

    Thanks, I will check

  9. #9woolls2017-08-02 23:33

    17000 hrs. I have replace all oils, both drives equal amount and looked the same in colour. It does track to one side on flat ground. When I lift the bad side it travels slow. if I push down on the boom with the track still travelling, the track will speed up. The other thing is when I push down on the boom with the track moving, the digger will not raise anymore, but when I stop moving the track while pushing down on the boom, it will lift again. hard to explain Cheers

  10. #10toslow2017-08-03 17:50

    it travels faster when you push the boom down because you are putting a bigger demand on that pump. did you run any checks on the hyd system? like putting a gauge on any thing, or checking to see if the relief valves are balanced. check and see how much case drain oil is getting through the system on the slow side as compared to the other side. lots of checks you can do with that many hrs there is a good chance the pumps are worn.

  11. #11d9gdon2017-08-03 18:51

    Did it just happen all of a sudden or been doing it a long time or as long as you've owned it?

  12. #12woolls2017-08-03 21:31

    thanks for your help, I will do pressure checks etc.

  13. #13woolls2017-08-03 21:33

    Its been like its since I've owned it.

  14. #14fmmikky2024-04-11 17:34

    I am having this same problem with my machine 325LN, i have overhauled the main pump and the pressure was fine, but the LH of the machine is still not working

  15. #15fmmikky2024-04-11 17:35

    Can anyone help with the hydraulic manual/schematic for 325 LN?